Sunday, January 24, 2010

I love my garden, and my new job.

Life is sweet, like sweet basil.. mmm.

So I don't quite have a garden, I have a patio - with pots. Yesterday I spent the afternoon repotting all the plants, it felt good to get my hands in some soil again.

We have bought some herbs from the markets, basil and italian parsley, to begin growing in our home. They are on the patio at the moment, but I think we might need to get a planter box for the study and move them there. I know, sounds like a weird place to grow herbs but it gets the best sun in the morning (basil needs lots of sun) and good shade in the afternoon (we are tired of moving the plants inside when the afternoon sun hits). I'm not sure about all this yet though.. one way or the other - we are getting a cute little planter..

(I found these images on google but I can't remember where!)



Next weekend, we might buy a third herb - probably rosemary. I've seen both my Mum and Nonna grow it, and it seemed to do pretty well up there in Cairns (hot, tropical weather), so it should be fine here in Brisbane.

Meanwhile, my job at La Boite Theatre is fantastic. It's the easiest and most enjoyable job I've ever had. At the moment, we have a children's production playing, called 'The Gruffalo' (from the book). The kiddies go nuts for it. I'm more excited for our next production (which I have free tix to!)... HAMLET.

No comments:

Post a Comment