Thursday, January 14, 2010

A poor girl's shelf

I have to say, I am very pleased with yesterday's make (despite its wee wonkiness)...


Mother dear has sent me an abundance of fabrics, that half a shelf (shared with toxic art mediums) wasn't enough. So keeping in mind the fact that we are only renting, and also very poor, I made a removable shelf out of whatever junk I could find..

  • Ikea box
  • Masking tape (to soften the edges of the cardboard)
  • Phonebook (paper mache) 
  • Gesso and paint =)
Oh, and my second love ... the glue gun. Since I've started machine sewing, I must say the quick-unpick (I think some call it a seam ripper) is close behind. 

When we go on a big trip to bunnings (can't wait), I think I might replace this ol' shelf with a plywood version. Of course, no screwing involved (glue gun, you've done it again). 

No comments:

Post a Comment